My Magazine website

My Magazine website
Click the above image to view my website

My magazine cover, Edition 1

My magazine contents page, Edition 1

My magazine cover, Edition 2

My magazine contents page, Edition 2

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Homeland Continuity Task



1. What was your role in the task and what did you actually do?
When we were planning the task I was the scriptwriter. I had to be cautious of time constraints for the scene as well as making the script consistent with that of Homeland. Furthermore, I also contributed to organising the various shots and helping to block a crude version of the scene. During the shoot, I was the 1st AD, meaning I had to use the clapperboard to ensure effective organisation, as well as providing another viewpoint to the Director whilst rolling. I then produced my own edit post-shoot. 

2. What factors did you have to take into account when planning, filming and editing?
Our task was centered around a brief in which it was essential to ensure fluid continuity above all else. we also decided to focus on the process of entering a room as well as a shot- reverse shot conversation style. Once we had decided on this we were able to plan shot types and script accordingly- in the style of Homeland. We outlined the basic premise of our scene and then I set to work at writing it whilst the camera team wrote down a shot-list. The shot-list was essential as it allowed ease at the time of shooting it, especially with time constraints being very strict. When editing, I had to consider that some of the footage would have mistakes and that I had to find the most efficient way to overcome them 

3. How successful was your sequence? Did you manage to demonstrate match-on-action, shot-reverse-shot and the 180 degree rule? Did you achieve continuity overall?
As a group we filmed a wide range of shots, both stationary and moving in order to vary our pace and provide an entertaining sequence. We also enforced the 180 degree rule to ensure a flowing and logical sequence. We also incorporated lots of action and movements to enable a flowing and exciting edit. In post, this meant that it was relatively easy to create matches on action, however it also posed some problems such as the door opening shots, in which I had to splice audio from 3 different takes to create a realistic sound.

4. What have you learnt from completing this task?
From this task I have learnt that it is essential to pay lots of attention to small details in shots, for example our folder, which can cause a great amount of trouble later on in post with continuity, which is what I encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment