My Magazine website

My Magazine website
Click the above image to view my website

My magazine cover, Edition 1

My magazine contents page, Edition 1

My magazine cover, Edition 2

My magazine contents page, Edition 2

Monday 15 January 2018

2. Existing adverts/campaigns I have researched and how these have influenced my ideas



In order to create an appropriate and conventional advert campaign I had to do some research in order to hone and contextualise my ideas.



Firstly, it was necessary for me to create a mood board to help me visualise my initial ideas.

However, the original plans I had for my campaign were both impractical and also not the best fit for the brief. The mood board was still useful though as it contains a few ads that are still relevant to my current idea and have influenced the style of my campaign.


The first advert that has influenced my ideas is the duochrome Sure advert.



  • I like the effective use of model as a focal image to connote both emotion but also the brand values, which in this case are encouraging women to be strong and counter values in society, such as stigma about sweaty armpits.
  • The use of bold, standout font is something I hope to emulate with my own advert. The colour of the text also ties synergistically with the pack shot.
  • I also hope to incorporate an effective pack shot in the bottom right corner of my ad to inform the TA of what that specific version of the deodorant looks like.
The second advert that influenced my ideas is the Axe one.




I like the use of a distinctive background to help provide the advert with some context, enabling the focal image to make more sense. I hope to use similar ideas with my adverts, for example the 'cool' one will be shot in Iceland, playing on the word 'cool' but also threading into the focal image.

No comments:

Post a Comment