My Magazine website

My Magazine website
Click the above image to view my website

My magazine cover, Edition 1

My magazine contents page, Edition 1

My magazine cover, Edition 2

My magazine contents page, Edition 2

Monday 15 January 2018

1. How I Intend To Fulfil The Requirements Of The Brief I Have Chosen



I intend to  to create a campaign of four full-page magazine adverts to promote a new unisex deodorant from UK deodorants called 'Wave'. Each advert will have a different main image, with a different model and different location. The campaign will be targeted at the 16-25 unisex demographic. I will aim to create a youthful, active and unisex brand identity. I will also conform to the guidelines of the ASA- as well as avoiding copyright issues by not using any found images.




Below are very rough flatplans of my ideas for the campaign, using images found online to convey a general sense of the finished product. They are very varying in tone and composition to tie in with the varying range of my Wave deodorant (and their related packshot), and therefore by being different, are conveying a strong brand identity.








My USP will be the fact that my deodorant will feature a plethora of different versions of the deodorant, with each one appealing to a different sub-group of the 16-25 target audience. For example one of my ads will be shot in Iceland with a sky/light blue theme and will play on the word 'cool'. This will appeal to the sub-group of the TA who consider themselves 'cool'. The other 3 will also play on similar themes.

I will successfully use intertextuality by including a film related pun as the caption for each of the 4 adverts, thus tying into the film-theme of Total Film magazine. The working captions of the 4 rough flatplans above working downwards are:
Cool Runnings (sweat-free)
The Devil Wears Prada... But I Wear Wave
The Day After Tomorrow, I'll Get Out
Bend It Like B... Someone Who Smells Quite Nice
These provide an element of humor in each ad which will appeal to the TA.

My slogan will be Be ____. Be Wave. The blank space will be replaced with a different word for each of the 4 ads to tie in to my USP of something for everyone/individuality. For example for the ad mentioned above the slogan would be "Be Cool. Be Wave" This synergy between the slogan and background will be effective in creating a youthful, active and unisex brand identity.  All of my other 3 adverts will follow the same formula.







No comments:

Post a Comment