My Magazine website

My Magazine website
Click the above image to view my website

My magazine cover, Edition 1

My magazine contents page, Edition 1

My magazine cover, Edition 2

My magazine contents page, Edition 2

Wednesday 24 January 2018

3. What I have learnt about the codes and conventions of television adverts and how I intend to demonstrate this knowledge and understanding in my production in order to communicate successfully



In order to produce an effective and appealing campaign it is essential to refer to previous adverts as a starting point. This is to ensure that the adverts we produce will be engaging, as pre-existing ads have been.

Below are a few examples of classic conventions within personal hygiene adverts that would be useful to contain within my own.


Pictured above is an advert for Old Spice body wash/moisturiser. It features a packshot in the bottom right corner of the product. It is important to feature an image of the product as this is not only crucial in telling the target audience what the product looks like, but it also can be a useful tool in creating a strong and unmistakable brand identity. I hope to emulate this in my own campaign as it is a great way to create synergy between adverts, especially when the content of the advert will vary so much aesthetically, like my own.



The above advert for a dove canned deodorant effectively uses bold text in order to ground the image, in this instance, in the form of a caption. This is effective as it not only catches the eye, but also uses imperative verbs in order to engage with the target audience by almost having a conversation with them. I hope to emulate this capturing aspect in my own campaign, although via the slogan as opposed to the caption.





This Sure advert uses the convention of having a focal image featuring a person using direct address. This is an effective convention as the use of direct address engages not only the desired target audience but also any passer-by/reader etc. by appearing to connect with them personally. I am attempting to use this direct in most if not all of my 4 adverts as, for the reasons above, I believe it will be very effective in attracting the gaze of and readers flipping through Total Film Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment