My Magazine website

My Magazine website
Click the above image to view my website

My magazine cover, Edition 1

My magazine contents page, Edition 1

My magazine cover, Edition 2

My magazine contents page, Edition 2

Wednesday 24 January 2018

4. What I have learnt about the content and appeal of television, radio and print adverts and how I intend to demonstrate this knowledge and understanding in my production in order to communicate successfully with the target audience.


When creating a print deodorant advert, I have learnt that it is highly effective to include imagery or text which gratifies various needs/wants of the target audience. This ensures that the advert(s) are relevant to their ideology/views and therefore is going to be effective.


For example, the above Axe advert is from a campaign where a male sprays the deodorant on and causes angels to fall from heaven. The reason Axe chose to use this specific male model is as he is quite similar to the target audience. He is similar enough to be relatable, whilst still featuring some aspirational elements. For example he has a tattoo on his upper right arm- something the TA may find aspirational and 'trendy'. this therefore implies that if the TA use this deodorant, they too will be aspirational. It is this aspirational element that I hope to encapsulate within my own print ads. I intend to do this by featuring a wide range of models, all doing different things and doing them well. This means that chances are, at least one of my adverts will feature a model who is aspirational to my 16-25 year-old TA- meaning they are more likely to connect with the advert.


This Vodafone advert, which isn't actually about deodorant but is still relevant, is an effective example of Intertextuality. Intertextuality is when one media text utilizes something from another in order to further or deepen its own meaning. for example, the advert above plays on the infamous grammar of the Star Wars character, Yoda. This engages the target audience as it is something that they are familiar with and they find amusing, thus associating Vodafone with the same positive characteristics. I hope to effectively include intertextuality in my own campaign to not only associate my own brand, Wave, with another text's positive connotations but to also tie in with the magazine that my adverts will appear in- Total Film. This is why I will be referencing popular film titles in each of my 4 adverts. For example in the advert set in Brick Lane, the caption will be "The devil wears Prada, but I wear Wave". This will appeal to the audience of Total Film magazine as it is a pun on a famous film title, whilst also tying in to the messages conveyed in the advert itself and thus reinforcing my brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment