My Magazine website

My Magazine website
Click the above image to view my website

My magazine cover, Edition 1

My magazine contents page, Edition 1

My magazine cover, Edition 2

My magazine contents page, Edition 2

Friday 17 November 2017

Video Games and Me

My Experiences With Video Games (5W+H)

What:
Over my life I've had many forms of console and platform to game on. The first recollection of videogames is probably from when I was about 7. I was playing Super Mario Land on my Mum's retro 80's Nintendo Gameboy in the airport while waiting for my delayed flight (my first and last for quite a while), in order to calm my nerves.
Other consoles I have owned include: Nintendo Wii, DS Lite, PS3, PS Vita, PS4.
When:
I've always found that videogames are accessible in many different circumstances and at many different times, however a natural time to play is after school or at the weekend. Holidays have also proved  game-heavy, although Holidays tended to be packed in a way that weekends never seemed to.
Where:
The place I definitely play(ed) the most is at home, because that what where my consoles were. However, portable devices like my DS Lite or even my phone provide my gaming with a portable element.
Why:
Often I play(ed) because I have nothing else to do or I'm bored as a means of escapism, However some games commanded a commitment to come home and play or to stop doing other things and to pick up a controller.
With Who:
One (slightly sad) appeal from gaming is that you can do it by yourself and you don't need to rely on others to enable you to play. That being said, playing with others has an allure of its own. For example, some of the most fun I've had was playing Battlefield 3 with friends afterschool.
How:
Gaming has become so developed that one can even play with their fingers on their phone or on a portable device like my PS Vita for example. However, Playing with controllers comes with a feel and almost excitement that playing with just a screen could never have, hence some of my fondest gaming memories coming from the controller-orientated PS3.

1 comment:

  1. Some really good reflections here: the depth you've gone into means it will be easy for you to start making connections to the deeper audience theories when you start revision. Well done!

    ReplyDelete