My Magazine website

My Magazine website
Click the above image to view my website

My magazine cover, Edition 1

My magazine contents page, Edition 1

My magazine cover, Edition 2

My magazine contents page, Edition 2

Monday 13 November 2017

My Breakfast Show Segment


My Breakfast Show Segment




  1. Did you fulfill all the content requirements; both in terms of including all the correct features as well as the actual choices made? Myself and Andreas set out attempting to follow the brief, and in my opinion, we were successful in doing this. We included loud jingles, a celebrity promo, lively host interaction and all of the other conventions of a typical BBC R1 Breakfast Show. The main focus of the segment was our 'Celebrity Gamble' with our caller 'Nick', however we also featured typical A-List music such as 'Too Good At Goodbyes' by Sam Smith. This is conventional of BBC R1 as it satisfies the mainstream needs of the TA.
  2.  Have you nailed the conventions and style of Nick Grimshaw and the Radio One Breakfast Show? I believe that we nailed the feel of a Nick Grimshaw Breakfast show with lively and upbeat host-caller interractions which are typical of the BBC R1 Breakfast show, reinforced by mainstream tracks with mass appeal. Furthermore, we included social media responses thus keeping with the contemporary style of the show.
  3. How well did you manage your running order/timings? Myself and Andreas utilised a script in order to increase efficiency, however we also found that a certain amount of ad-lib was necessary. This was due to the improvised and conversational tone of Nick Grimshaw, who clearly does not follow a regimented script, although perhaps a rough running order. We also learnt from our first take which was far too long and managed to shave off a minute in our next take by dialing back the amount of unnecessary banter in the 'Celebrity Gamble' section.

No comments:

Post a Comment