My Magazine website

My Magazine website
Click the above image to view my website

My magazine cover, Edition 1

My magazine contents page, Edition 1

My magazine cover, Edition 2

My magazine contents page, Edition 2

Monday 4 December 2017

Celebrity Magazine Cover

1. Summarise the music celebrity you have created. Include name, music genre, personality and how they are being used to comment on contemporary celebrity.
My celebrity, 'esq.' is a artist from a fusion of genres, mainly rock and trap music. He uses gender as a tool to challenge certain stereotypes that exist within the music genre. For example, the trap scene is massively male dominated and has very masculine undertones. His quirky and unique manner mean that his quite serious messages are delivered light-heartedly but in ernest.

2. Evaluate how you have constructed the representation of your celebrity through your cover image and cover headline/text (denotation/connotation of text and image).

      On my cover, the model esq. is wearing bright red lipstick. This is a definite challenge of classic gender-based ideas as men would traditionally never wear lipstick. Furthermore, this is especially poignant as the industry in which he is based has quite rigid ideas about gender so challenging this is a big part of his philosophy. As well as this, the juxtaposition of the masculine, metallic ring next to the pink gemstone ring represents one person being able to almost 'wear' both genders whilst still making it in the music scene, something no-one else is doing. Esq. is wearing a flowery necklace as well, which furthers his feminine image/persona. It is these contrasts which make this cover an effective challenge to regular, regimented beliefs.
        3. Reflect on the production/editing process.  Are you pleased with the end result? Identify what is successful about your shot?  What would you have done differently in hindsight?
g       Overall, I am quite pleased with my final cover. I really like the colour scheme and the use of props. However, if I had more time, i might retake this shot with a little bit more happiness and lightheartedness to reflect my celebrities persona. Additionally I would fix the bug that caused my skin smoother program to not worl, in order to achieve a more professional look.









No comments:

Post a Comment