My Magazine website

My Magazine website
Click the above image to view my website

My magazine cover, Edition 1

My magazine contents page, Edition 1

My magazine cover, Edition 2

My magazine contents page, Edition 2

Friday 15 September 2017

Media Shot Reflections

Media Shot Reflections

 1) Identify in what way this shot signifies your chosen genre?
My shot is identifiable as a soap-style/melodramatic TV drama through the use of slightly exaggerated body language and props that further this exaggerated look and reinforce it.
2) How did you direct the shot to achieve the desired effect?
The way I achieved this soap-style melodrama can be seen through the model's clutching of his hair, which connotes his stressed and nervous state of mind. This is further connoted through the scrunched up balls of paper, which express his previous failures and the scrunching also reveals that the task has evoked stress from the model.
3) How did you intend the audience to interpret your still - what meanings did you intend to convey?
I intended for my audience to draw a sense of panic and to also pick up the tense situation within the still.
4) Identify what is successful about your shot
I believe the positioning of the clock face directly above the model's head is an effective use of iconography. Furthermore, the positioning of the clock in relation to the model's head implies that 'time is in his head'.
5) What would you have done differently in hindsight?
In hindsight, I would get the model to grip the pen tighter as well as his hair. This would emphasise the stress of the moment. I would also attempt to remove the glare from the clock-face in order to obtain a more 'professional' look

No comments:

Post a Comment